Monday, March 17, 2014

Performing arts

Freshman year, and what am I to do? A new opportunity to find something, do something, that I can enjoy and feel proud of. All I had to do was find it. I had been involved in music for awhile, and planned on continuing to do so, which is why I turned to theatre. I was approached about working on the productions side of things and decided to give it a shot. Little did I know I'd fall in love with what I did. It became an opportunity to apply creativity with building and critical thinking. It was arduous and time consuming, with hours upon hours of work. All for the reveal, the moment the curtain opens and I can see all that I have helped to build put on a show for people to enjoy. A visual splendor to my eyes of functionality and art, a metaphorical knot that ties everything together. Staring from my perch in the audience, I thought about how I've been moved by the experiences I've had while working. The valuable lessons on diligence and perseverance that come from dependents needing a project finished. And the people I met. Business-like partnerships that turned into friendships. Though, the years progress, and the time of my participation is coming to an end. The red curtain is closing, and I am soon to be on my way. Who could forget these times though? What person could leave and say they haven't been moved and changed indefinitely? Not I, certainly not I. A new person, I advance into my future. Never looking back, but always connected to what was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment